***In compliance with the new Decree Law, the museum is currently closed
The museum was named after his creator, the antiquarian Stefano Bardini. The palace was purchased and renovated by Bardini himself in the 1881. The museum houses an eclectic collection of more than 3600 works, including paintings, sculptures, armor, musical instruments, ceramics, coins, medals and antique furniture. Among the most important works: the Charity of Tino di Camaino, the Madonna and Child with San Giovannino by Benedetto da Maiano, the San Michele Arcangelo by Antonio del Pollaiolo, the Madonna dei Cordai by Donatello, the Atlas by Guercino.
Two of the rooms at the ground floor have been dedicated to the city of Florence and its history, with some emblematic works taken from the street: the Cinghiale by Pietro Tacca from the Porcellino fountain, the Diavolino by Giambologna from the crossroads between via dei Vecchietti and via Strozzi, the golden Marzocco from the architrave of Palazzo Vecchio.
Museo Stefano Bardini
Via dei Renai, 37, 50125 Firenze FI, Italia
The sidewalk is accessible to people in wheelchairs from the pedestrian crossing. It is necessary to inform the staff at the main entrance (Via dei Renai n. 37) so that it can open the accessible entrance (which corresponds to the exit) in Piazza dei Mozzi n. 1.
Most parts of the museum are accessible with an elevator (except for the Della Robbia and the armoury). Disabled toilets on the ground floor.