In 1649, the building was acquired by Maria Maddalena Machiavelli, Marquise Filippo Corsini’s wife; at the beginning, it was a “Casino” that is a small house surrounded by a huge garden which continued until the bank of the Arno. Unusual for Florence, this palace was a late Baroque-style building, whose roof is surmounted by statues and terracotta vases, and with a “U”-shaped main courtyard opening towards the Lungarno (which means “along the Arno”). The Palace was built in the 1950s and decorated from 1692 and 1700. Among the painters appointed by the Corsini family to decorate the noble apartment on the first floor where the Aurora Gallery, the Hall, the Dance Hall and other important halls are located, the names of Anton Domenico Gabbiani, Alessandro Gherardini, Pier Dandini stand out.
Palazzo Corsini sull'Arno
Via del Parione, 11, 50123 Firenze FI, Italia