The Franchi stadium was built between 1930 and 1932 based on a project by engineer Pier Luigi Nervi in the area of Campo di Marte. This Italian rationalist-style stadium shows some structural features which are very innovative for that time, such as the projecting roof without supports and the helical stairs. Commissioned to a company from Turin, the grass cover immediately turned out to be of excellent quality, thanks to its perfectly drained pitch. Over the years, the stadium has undergone several changes with works carried out especially for Italy 1990. Its capacity is 47,000 people. The football ground hosts the ACF Fiorentina matches.
Stadio Comunale Artemio Franchi
Viale Manfredo Fanti, 4, 50137 Firenze FI, Italia