In 1854 the "Società Toscana d'Orticultura" (Tuscan Society of Horticulture) was constituted. In the second half of the 19th century the garden got larger and Giacomo Roster designed the big tepidarium, inaugurated in 1880. The little loggia "Bondi" by the architect Castellucci was realized in 1911.
The Municipality of Florence bought the garden in 1930 and designated the area as a public garden. In 1990 the "snake" was completed with decorations of different materials following the project of Marco Dezzi Bardeschi.
Inside the garden there is also a playground for children.
Via Vittorio Emanuele II, 4, 50139 Firenze FI, Italia
Accessible from Via Vittorio Emanuele II - Paths, green areas, children playground and toilets are accessible.