The Religious Art Collection is in the Oratory of the Compagnia di San Jacopo, which dates to the early 16th century and stands next to the Romanesque Parish Church of Sant’Agata, the most important religious building in the Mugello. The 12th-century church has a nave and two side aisles divided by large columns, and houses a number of artworks.
The museum has paintings, sculptures and minor art works from Sant’Agata Church and other local churches and tabernacles, including the Mystical Marriage of Saint Catherine by Bicci di Lorenzo (1430), Two Angels, a Madonna and Child with the Young Saint John the Baptist and some Della Robbia terracottas. There is a collection of liturgical hangings in the small sacristy.
Raccolta d’Arte Sacra Sant'Agata
Via della Pieve 3 50038 Scarperia e San Piero FI, Italia