The Palazzo Sansoni-Trombetta, now home to the Town Hall of Pontassieve, is a building built in the mid-18th century.
Once the center of economic, religious, political and social life under the ownership of the Anforti family, the Palace passed to the Trombetta family in the 1800s.
Inside the Palace, in the Hall of Heroines, there are a cycle of frescoes by the painter Ferdinando Folchi, illustrating the heroic acts of seven women.
The palace houses numerous works by artists who have exhibited in Pontassieve, including a "Battistero" by Silvio Loffredo. Completing the heritage of the palace, the book fund belonging to Eugenio Sansoni, former Mayor of Livorno, which includes 898 works in 1425 volumes, mainly of the 800, but with some volumes of 500, 600 and 700, donated by Famigilia Sansoni in 2013.
Palazzo Sansoni Trombetta
Via Tanzini, 30 Pontassieve