The museum is housed in premises next to the Parish Church of San Pietro a Cascia, one of the masterpieces of Tuscan Romanesque architecture. The basilica, dating to the 11th century, has a nave and two side aisles separated by columns. One room in the museum is given over to exhibits about the San Giovenale Triptych, the first known work by Masaccio, which was painted in 1422 and is now in the museum. There are also paintings, furnishings, hangings, sculptures and liturgical objects in gold and silver. A series of documents and photos trace the history of the building.
Museo Masaccio d'Arte Sacra
Via Casaromolo, 2/a, 50066 Reggello FI, Italia