Its foundation, as an oratory, dates back to 925. Even the Florentine Donati family is among the church's patrons. The current building, the result of many structural changes over the centuries, was [...]
Mentioned since 1156 as "San Pietro de Muliere Mala" in an edict by Adrian IV, it was subsequently governed by the Buondelmonti then by the Capitani di Parte Guelfa and lastly by the Grand Duke of [...]
The church is located near the fifth milestone of the Cassia Road variant and it is mentioned as a possession of the Impruneta Parish Church in an edict by Pope Adrian IV of November 29 1156. In the [...]
The first written evidence regarding this building appears in a document dating to February 11 1120 which mentions it under the patronage of the Camaldolese order. Later, it was given to the Impruneta [...]
The first mention of the church is found in an edict by Pope Adrian IV of November 29 1156 when it was confirmed to the parish priest of Santa Maria in Pineta, then an "ecclesia de S. Irsoleo" is [...]
Porta Aretina (also known as the Clock Tower) is the only one of the three gates of the historical center that has maintained much of the original structure of the 13th-century fortification. It [...]
It was in 1516, during Pope Leone X's stop in Incisa, that the Franciscans obtained from him the permission to build a new convent and a church where they already ran a hospice, provided that it was [...]
The GAMPS geopaleontological collection in Scandicci, near Florence, is a permanent exhibition displaying a large collection of geological and paleontological findings. The collection stems from the [...]
A permanent exhbition telling the history of the flask: the traditional oval-shaped glass container covered with marsh grass. Born in the 14th century, over the centuries it has become the favourite [...]
The Abbey of Santa Maria is located in Rosano, in the Municipality of Rignano sull'Arno, very close to Pontassieve and a few kilometres away from Bagno a Ripoli. Founded in 780, it has always hosted a [...]